Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the world's about to change

Tomorrow is my last day of work at my job. I will officially be unemployed by the 18th, if I haven't gotten a job by then. I am hoping I will find a job by then but in the mean time I will at least be getting paid until the 18th. Today is a pivotal day, though, as all of our plans are relying on how today and tomorrow turn out. Winchester hasn't worked out for us adn we miss our home. So much in fact that Carol is already working in Staunton and staying with a friend there. We were actually able to get our old apartment back and we should be getting the lease in the mail today. In addition to the lease should be a loan to help us move and sort through loose ends, like our current lease.

We are going to try to make a deal with him but I am concerned that he is pretending to be a nice guy and in actuality is not quite so nice. Like how he promised to put our house back on the market so he could get someone to rent it and we would be able to get out of lease.....and yet over a week has passed and it is still not listed. Or how there is no security deposit for a place that is clearly falling apart. Most of the damage is dealing with the foundation and chipped paint, scratched floors, years of using the 20's wood molding to hang blinds on. But some of it is crayon on the walls that has been covered up in a different shade of white and grease and finger prints on the walls.

In general I am crossing my fingers that we will be able to get out of this lease with money to spare in our loan to pay all of our moving fees and be able to sponge off of it for a little bit in case it takes longer than anticipated to find a job. I have an interview with my old boss tomorrow. I am a little worried about it. Apparently everyone and their mother applied for the job as soon as word spread that they were going to need to be hiring soon and she had already unofficially guaranteed it to another girl. However then I applied for the job and I am technically the better choice because I dont' need to be trained on anything. But she is stubborn, especially when it comes to wanting to hire/promote her friends. But this job isn't the job I'm worried about. This is just a part time job to supplement my income from a full time job. That is the job I need to find as soon as possible.

It started out rather serendipitous. Carol got a job and then our apartment came open. We saw it as a sign to look a moving down. Then I ran into my old building manager who told me that our apartment was still open and they woudl love to have us back. My friend is telling me about a job that I am practically guaranteed for and my old job starts hiring. However things have begun to need a bit more work than previously anticipated. That job I was promised isn't necessarily hiring at the moment, though always looking, and I am competing with another girl for my old job. Our landlord doesn't want to let us out of the lease and in the mean time Carol has contracted odd infections from staying at her friend's house which required an emergency room visit and multiple rounds of antibiotics and fluids.

No matter what happens, we are moving...we just may be paying for mulitple places at once. We are looking at this as a year lost in time because we plan to pick up our lives just where we left them, in our cozy apartment, surrounded by friends, in our beautiful town that we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment