Monday, February 23, 2009

Waiting at the airport. Flight delayed then connecting flight cancelled due to wind. I arrived at my first gate at 1:20 because I wanted enough time to make it if there were any problems. But there weren't any. So it is going to be half an hour *crosses fingers* before I board this flight. My batteries are all half dead except for my ipod which I started using when I first arrived and decided to wait until I got on the plane for my 6 hour flight. Wise choice. Now my laptop is half charged so I will have to remember to plug it in tonight at the hotel. I do hope they send a shuttle at 3 in the morning to pick me up from the airport, otherwise I will be taking a taxi in the middle of the night to get there. I am still partially enthused for the trip, but mostly, having spent most of my dat waiting to just get on the a plane, I am a little less than joyous about the whole thing. I just hope my bed is soft tonight and that the extra two hours of sleep will make up for the going to bed 3 to 4 hours later than normal. I don't think I can sign up for room service for the following morning in the middle of the night...I think things like that have to be turned in the night before by like 11. At least that was the rule for the hotel we were at for Valentines Day. But I still want my wake up call. I bought a donut from dunkin donuts. I haven't had one in a while. The girl put it into the bad upside down and i lost many sprinkles.

Flight was long but good. Secret Lives of Bees was a very good movie. My audiobook is very good. I told Carol it was like listening to the History Channel. I got to talk to her once I got into Denver but then my phone died and I packed the charger. I was hoping I could hop onto Wi Fi here but it keeps failing me. I was moderately happy to arrive in Denver but sad that I came in the dark. Its like stopping in Hawaii in the dark. You have the knowledge you were in Hawaii but none of the memories from having seen its beauty.

Arrival in Medford. Slept on the plane. It is 3:07 my time and I am in my hotel room, which smells funny, and I have no luggage. My luggage decided it would prefer the original schedule of going to San Francisco. In theory it should be here, at my hotel in 2 hours. THEN I CAN TAKE MY MEDICATION. Only 6 hours after I should be taking it. My phone is dead, my charger is in my bag as well. I thought ahead and brought my glasses to change into on the plane in case I wanted to sleep...I just didn't bring a contact case. I am exhausted. My hotel smells funny. Its got that pink and green thing going but they tried to update it with bronze and maroon...they just didn't get rid of the pink and green. I became instantly depressed when i walked into the room because I have a king bed, all by my lonesome. I don't think I have ever slept in a king bed alone. My driver is nice. he's old and kind of scraggly but he's a sweet guy and he will be taking me back and forth to work every day this week, as well as picking up my luggage for me tonight when it comes in.

1 comment:

  1. I love your little details, like the sprinkles being lost in the bag. It reminds me of creative writing class. I miss that class sometimes.

    ReplyDelete